As I have mentioned before, I have psychosis. Few people understand this disorder, and there is a ton of misinformation out there vilifying those who experience psychosis, calling us dangerous or even ‘evil’.
Been watching Adventure Time in my spare time from work. Suddenly felt like doing fanart of Tamora Pierce’s Tortallan heroines in that style today :)
cultural appropriation is putting fireflies in a jar
and letting them light up your bedroom
as you drift off to sleep.
and when you wake up all the lights have flickered out
but only when you’re older do you realize
you slowly suffocated them so
that you could enjoy their glow.
that just knocked the breath from me
Wow. That was too good not to share.
It’s a super easy way to help alleviate many of the symptoms which come from leading a stressful life. Here’s a list of the main health benefits that you can expect when you practice this posture regularly.
- Calms your nervous system
- Brings fresh blood & lymph fluid into your abdomen & organs – very refreshing
- Relieves tension in lower back & sacrum
- Helpful for minor depression & anxiety
- Relaxes your adrenals
- Calms your mind
- Reduces swelling in your feet and legs
- Releases tension and stress from your legs – they will feel lighter
- Rests your heart as your feet are above the heart – reversing effects of gravity.